AMAE/DE PINTO 58 (+1) INDICES ON THE BODY
63 variations on the body — Open call for Composers
deadline September 30th, 2015
After the launch of the project on Soundcloud, featuring Jean-Luc Nancy’s recorded voice reading his treaty 58 Indices on the body, it is now time to turn the text into music. For this reason, and in anticipation of the making of a documentary about the whole project, we are opening a call for composers to create a background track for each statement – written and recorded by the philosopher.
Candidates will join our Soundcloud page where they can choose a statement, or more than one (up to a maximum of three), and develop a musical accompaniment while also sharing their track with other artists.
Participants follow the directions below.
Save your completed version of the form with a new name as follows: yourlastname_58indicesform
Prepare a folder, named yourlastname_58indicesapplication
Include the following files:
As a confirmation, send a separate email to pgdepinto@to let us know that you have sent your application;
e-mail subject: 58(+1) Indices on the body open call for composers.
Eligibility and Selection
The 58(+1) Indices on the body open call is open to the up-and-coming generation of composers. There is no age limit.
From all eligible applicants a total of 63 tracks will be chosen.
The applications will be judged for the originality, creativity, artistic vision, and craft represented by the compositions submitted.
– We are accepting electronic applications only.
– The selected tracks featured in the documentary will be only one each statement.
– It is mandatory that the tracks have to contain Nancy’s voice but the voice can’t be distorted nor manipulated in any possible way and each track has to be neither shorter than 20 seconds, nor longer then 7 minutes.
– AMAE art collective and Pier Giorgio De Pinto reserve the right to select participants and tracks.
– Incomplete applications, or those which do not fulfill the eligibility criteria will not be published.
Documentation – Downloads
For more information, contact us at pgdepinto@
Add a Comment