63 variations on the body.
Open call for Composers.
AMAE/DE PINTO 58 (+1) INDICES ON THE BODY PROJECT.
63 variations on the body — Open call for Composers. 2nd edition.
Deadline October 31st, 2016
After the launch of the project on Soundcloud, featuring Jean-Luc Nancy’s recorded voice reading his treaty 58 Indices on the body, it was time to turn the text into music. For that reason, and in anticipation of the making of a documentary about the whole project, we opened a first call for composers to create a background track for each index/statement – written and recorded by the philosopher. It has been a success with more then 60 composers from all over the world sending us interesting compositions.
As we don't have completed the entire set of indices/statements we open the present new call to complete the 63 recordings.
Candidates will join our Soundcloud page where they can choose a statement, or more than one (up to a maximum of three), and develop a musical accompaniment while also sharing their track with other artists.
Participants follow the directions below.
The number of the indices still available, after the first call, are in total 26:
- Please go to the link as follows in which you can find the tracks to download and to listen to (please you have to scroll until finding the tracks with a number as icon, the other tracks with customized icons are the ones created already by other composers):
- Save your completed version of the form with a new name as follows: yourlastname_58indicesform
Prepare a folder, named yourlastname_58indicesapplication
Include the following files:
As a confirmation, send a separate email to email@example.com to let us know that you have sent your application;
e-mail subject: 58(+1) Indices on the body open call for composers.
Eligibility and Selection
The 58(+1) Indices on the body open call is open to the up-and-coming generation of composers. There is no age limit.
Probably we will receive multiple tracks for the same index so from all eligible applicants only a total of 26 tracks will be chosen between the ones above indicated. The applications will be judged for the originality, creativity, artistic vision, and craft represented by the compositions submitted.
The selected/winning tracks will be announced via mail and on our blog https://58indicesonthebody.wordpress.com/
during the month of November 2016.
– We are accepting electronic applications only.
– The selected tracks featured in the documentary will be only one each index/statement even though we leave all the tracks on our group; also the ones not selected via this call.
It is mandatory that the tracks have to contain Nancy’s voice but the voice can’t be distorted nor manipulated in any possible way and each track has to be neither shorter than 20 seconds, nor longer then 7 minutes.
– AMAE art collective and Pier Giorgio De Pinto reserve the right to select participants and tracks.
– Incomplete applications, or those which do not fulfill the eligibility criteria will not be published.
Documentation – Downloads
OPEN CALL 2ND EDITION
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Add a Comment